A honeymoon is a vacation; a period of time spent together by newly-married couples following their wedding ceremony. After all the noise, the sermons, and the mental and emotional stress you’ve just endured, a honeymoon provides the perfect opportunity to enjoy some privacy and discover
Those first few days together set the stage for the rest of your time together, so how you spend your honeymoon is extremely important. Here’s a quick list of ideas you should consider…
- Book a Couples’ Massage: This is arguably the best way to relieve all the stress and tension that must have accumulated over the course of time that the wedding was planned and conducted. A good massage will restore your physical and mental energy, and get you in the perfect mood for the rest of the vacation.
- Go on an Adventure: In a way, the first adventure together is a subtle metaphor that symbolizes the vows you’ve just whispered to each other. In another sense however, an adventure represents the first uncertain steps that you will take together as a couple, and experts consider it extremely important because the experience that adventure brings pushes you out of your comfort zone, teaches you to trust and rely on your partner, drives your heart rate up, causes your brain to release endorphin and generally elevate your mood and senses.
- Go Nightclubbing: No matter where you have chosen as your honeymoon destination, nightclubbing is a fun activity. What better way to turn on the heat than to storm a club with a wild party crowd, get a drink or two, get up close to your partner, drop your inhibitions and – for once in a long time – let the beast in you surface!
- Disconnect from the Outside World: Disconnecting yourselves from the rest of the world can be a difficult thing to do, but if you truly want to enjoy your time together, you have to switch off…completely. The point of honeymoon is lost if emails, calls, and the social media intrude. If you have to check your emails or social media, then promise yourselves to only do it once in a day.
- Explore Your Sexual Preference: This is probably the best worst sex advice ever, but understanding your partner’s sexual preferences is a necessary evil. Discuss all your fantasies, fetishes and desires now – it might get awkward later.
- Enjoy the Sunrise/Sunset: As old school as this sounds, witnessing a sunrise and/or a sunset together in a calm, serene environment can be a thoroughly satisfying experience. ‘Dare to lose your senses and snuggle in each other’s arms under the twinkling lights of a million stars.’
- Surprise each other: Before you embark on your honeymoon, take a moment to get at least one thoughtful, romantic gift for your partner. It doesn’t have to be anything expensive (a poem, a hand-written letter or a favourite arm band may count as a nice gesture!)
Congratulations as you begin your life together.